Friday, February 15, 2008

Where there's hope...

While I usually wait until the twilight hours of the day for reflection, I just couldn't wait for this. A friend of mine just got back from a trip with the new love of his life. They had a wonderful time and just from listening to him, I can hear the happiness in his voice. I was surprised and touched by what he told me. See, he'd been unhappy for a while and thought his opportunity for happiness had come and gone, and he held on to the popular belief held by so many that "all the good ones were taken." But he said that he remembered that a while ago I was looking for someone, and he considered me to be one of the 'good ones'. So he decided to start looking again, and he found his hope, as he puts it. Now they've been together for a while and are loving every minute of it!!!

I was just so touched that I had unknowingly had such an impact on someone and helped them find happiness again. It is somewhat humbling.

No comments: