Sunday, February 24, 2008

Delightful Dinner


So Sue and I met for dinner last night in Fredericksburg. At just under 60 miles and just about an hour, it's not a bad ride at all. The trickiest part proved to be navigating the "shopping center". It's like a mini metropolis! Sue beat me to the Outback, which had been our plan. But she sent me a text saying it was an almost two hour wait. Well scratch that! So our back up was O'Charley's. I had glanced at the shopping center's map briefly earlier in the day, and it is a way over-simplified interpretation of the reality that is Central Park. So both Sue and I got a little turned around but eventually found the restaurant. We were in agreement, though, that it would certainly help if they turned on their sign outside so that we could see it in the dark! But we had an enjoyable evening catching each other up on work, family and the various aspects of our social lives.

Random: Almost home, with less than 2 miles to go, I spy a small dark critter scurry across the road. Fateful feline or other? I've decided to go with the belief that it was a stripeless skunk and not a cat. If you can't prove it was a black cat then it wasn't, right?! I'm nowhere near as supersticious as my mother, but why test such theories...!

No comments: