Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fickle Winds

I had thought that I checked today's weather as I should, but, well, a bit off the mark I was. It never rose above chilly, and I was rather surprised when I went to my car after work to discover that it wasn't just wet as it so appeared, but that my car had turned into a cherry icicle! Needless to say the roads were a bit icy as well, and I was caught up in accident traffic on my way home. But I made it home in time to cast my vote in the primary.

The little devil inside enjoyed the moment, and the anticipation, of when I let my dog outside. Her course, as always, was to catapult off the steps and bark at the horses behind my house. But you see, those steps, like my car, not just wet, but ICY! So Jill had a mild wipe-out for which she was absolutely unprepared. Poor thing--I'm such a mean mom! But she barely missed a beat as she continued to bark at the same particular horse that she has barked at since it arrived this summer. All the other horses don't hold the same level of fascination for her as this one. I think they have a
relationship.

1 comment:

sha sha said...

just read your newest post, very nice. perhaps you should write short stories for children, they really enjoy whimsy.