Monday, February 18, 2008

conversational hop-scotch

The good thing about working on a 'holiday' is that, for me, it's like working on a Sunday--not much happens! The only drama for the day was the cancellation of my doctor's appointment. Apparently she has the flu, so I had to reschedule (uh-oh, I don't think I wrote that down!). While this is really a small thing, it threw off my plans for the day. I now had no idea what I wanted to do! Shopping alone isn't a big enough draw for me to go into town---I have to need something, and I'm pretty set.

But now looking for something to do and not wanting to go home, I figured I should get a birthday card, and while I'm in the shopping center it wouldn't hurt to get more coffee creamer, and after having denied myself yesterday when I was there, I treated myself to Starbucks. I also stumbled upon a new addiction--coconut kisses! Yum! I may need to throw out the rest of the bag, because I am so not needing these. I absolutely love chocolate (hello--I am a woman) and I also love coconut. And speaking of coconut, one of my brothers turned me on to coconut rum and coke, actually diet coke. SO good! Using regular coke is entirely too sweet, but with diet it's perfect. I'm not even a rum person, really.

Anyhow, I digress...Jill and I have just finished our daily game of fetch. While it looks like beautiful weather from here at my computer, it is actually mighty windy giving it a bit of a bite out there. I didn't stay out with her for too long. I must say, though, that she does make me laugh. There isn't an ounce of grace in her--maybe a wee bit, but she's just so klutzy it eclipses everything else. She sounds like a bloody horse when she runs, but she sure runs with flair.

No comments: