Wednesday, February 27, 2008

random ramblings

Wow, so I heard from my friend Adam today! He is one of my shooting pals from when I used to actually go to matches. We caught up on things from the last time we talked, which we guess to be more than 6 months ago, but less than a year. The catch there was that he had read this page, so there wasn't a whole lot of new stuff for me to tell!

We didn't get the snow they predicted--shocking, I know. It was fabulously sunny all day long, but it sure was chilly! Brrrr!! The wind certainly didn't help. I tried playing with my dog outside (she has fur coat, what does she care about the temperature), but gave up when I could no longer feel my nose. She, however, is still outside self-entertaining.

And guess what I found when I got home?? Admit it, you're curious.... A lady bug, upside down on my kitchen counter. Bleh. Now, I like them well enough, one at a time--outside. Really not a fan of the bugs in my domain, and I don't particularly care for them en masse outside, either. One day last year I came home and my house looked like it had the chicken pox!!They were everywhere, and who knew they bite!?! For such a sweet name they sure are nasty little things.

I'm now trying to figure out a dinner plan. I defrosted some chicken and hadn't come up with any interesting ideas until I read Sarah's blog. She mentions having made salmon (which you will never find in my house unless my parents are visiting) with some of the peach preserves from her wedding. I think that sounds pretty tasty as chicken dish, don't you? Bon appetit!

While I start dinner, I put in one of my favorite CD's. Hardly anyone has heard of Laura Fabian, but she's wonderful. Actually, most of her CD's might be in Italian so that could explain a bit! Anyhow, her voice is the same caliber and quality as Celine Dion, but she has a more sensual sound. I'm disappointed American listeners didn't catch on to her.

No comments: