Friday, February 15, 2008

I flit, I float...


It's amazing how much more there is to want to chat about when you get to spend the day as you wish instead of wasting it on that whole go-to-work bit! While I had fabulous plans for the day, impish gremlins felt the need to wreak havoc, so my day was adjusted accordingly. I do find it rather astonishing how much one can accomplish when necessary, though.

If there is one chore I absolutely abhor it is taking the trash to the dump. Truthfully, the reason is that I don't like all of that 'junk' in my car. To rephrase my father, an accident is simply waiting to happen, and I will be most unhappy when it does! So due to my perfected procrastination, I had an embarrassing amount to take. On the upside, my silly hound came along for the car ride--one of her most favorite things (sure beats whiskers on kittens--or does it?). But there were more destinations in store for the day, so Jill had to go back home while it was off to town I went.

There were returns to make, but purchases were in store as well. I had the devil of a time finding the ink cartridge I needed for my printer. So I called my dad to make sure this color exists, and wouldn't it just figure that as soon as he answers I spy that which I am seeking! Bonus for my dad, though--conversation with me!! For what more could he wish?

So here and there I went, and then to the grocery store for just a few things that added up to over $80 in a shockingly short amount of time. But then I went to Blockbuster and picked out a couple of movies to keep myself entertained. Due to the gorgeous weather we had, I was in an exceptional mood and nearly skipped to the car. I'm sure I didn't look like I was on the verge of such behavior, but I was certainly doing so in my head! Then, when I turned on the car, some silly but fabulous song from the early 90's was on--it takes so little to make me happy. However I do believe that the guy in the truck across from me was convinced I had lost my fragile mind. Why is it that people tend to think happy folks have gone crazy? I think that's a bit of sad commentary, don't you? So I happily drove home to my own personal loony bin!!

Enjoying the beautiful day, I indulged my dog and we played for almost an hour. We did have a minor battle of the wills, but, hey, I'm not the one who wants to play, so I can wait her out. After an hour she was done, and I was inspired to rake leaves from behind bushes. I bet I'm on the very short list of people who do yard work while wearing a sweater labeled 'Dry Clean Only'!! While trying to rake the leaves onto a tarp, Jill kept dropping her tennis ball into the pile for the sole purpose of having to find it again. I felt as though I were Mr Wilson and she was Dennis the Menace. While she truly meant no harm and just wanted to have fun, she was impeding my progress exponentially! But she's so cute it doesn't even matter.

I realize, of course, that entries aren't supposed to be so long-winded--but it's MY blog, so there! And you'd be amazed at what I've left out!!!!

Right now I'm listening to my Leahy CD. They're an Irish-Canadian (sure beats French-Canadian!!) family of a gazillion siblings, about 8 of whom make the group. I first heard them when they were in town a couple of years ago, and my then-employer bought a bunch of tickets for her employees. They're coming to town again in March, but I don't know anyone else who would really like this kind of music to go with me. Tragic.

I absolutely love music, in almost all styles. And my love of music leads to the wish that I could dance. I can bee-bop around the house while cleaning or making dinner, but that's about it. I can dance when I dance with my mom who is great. But I can only dance with her since she is rather forceful when it comes to leading (ouch!). Part of my New Year's Plan (as opposed to resolution) was to do more and to do more for me. So I had looked into dance classes, but they're out of my budget. They're reasonably priced, but it would leave no room for any surprises for the month, and with me--there are always surprises.



No comments: