Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crazies & PC's

Well, needless to say the most 'exciting' thing that's happened here recently is the shooting incident on I-64. I only worked the day of the actual shootings, so I didn't have to deal with the media in all of the arrest aftermath. The media can drive me crazy--they are relentless and rude, for the most part. I knew it made national headlines when my dad sent me an email about it. It's also amazing, as my brother Phil pointed out, to take note of how much the story changes from the press conference to the AP story. National media jazzes it up a bit!

Yesterday we got the USB wireless card deal for my computer. I have been using Embarq for a while now, and have never really had great service. If it rained, I'd lose my connection and have to restart my modem. My dad did pretty much all of the research and we picked Verizon. I installed the software last night and it works!! According to the Verizon map, I'm right on the line of service, so we weren't 100% sure I would get a good signal. Since it was over an hour past my bedtime, I didn't play online too long, but the speed isn't any slower than my DSL had been. I might have to try downloading something--watch a video or download a song--to check it out more and see if it's any faster. With Verizon you have a 30 trial period, so if you don't like it you can return it all! We wanted to set this up now while my parents were here, because my dad might switch to Verizon in the fall if he likes this.

Hmmm.....maybe I'll move my desk back into the living room now that I don't need the phone line for my PC anymore!!

No comments: