Thursday, April 3, 2008

Preparing for April Showers

Yesterday I did the first mow of the season. While there wasn't so much grass that needed to be cut, I had a lot of those onion things all over, and they made my yard look scraggly. I decided somewhat spur-of-the-moment to mow a bit after 6. Once I got started, why stop? I did most of the property and finished around 8:20 when I could no longer see! When I checked this morning, it all looks ok. While I enjoy mowing now, later on in the summer I will be whining about it, I guarantee!!

Today I had planned on cleaning, and doing laundry, and all that other housekeeping fun. I've not made much progress. Actually, none! Today is a good day to do it, though, since it's dreary outside (and not the cozy way that I like, but cold and wet).

Ever have a moment when you saw something in a new way, and thought, "Wow, that's mine!" or "That really is beautiful"? I had one of those yesterday. I think it's neat to see something the way you did the first time and remember what drew you to it in the first place.

No comments: