Friday, April 25, 2008

Trauma, drama and shoes!

I absolutely love this weather! It's gorgeous!! Kinda makes me wish I had a laptop so that I could do my online stuff outside (but not badly enough to put "laptop" on my list).

This morning I took Jill to the vet, and she feels absolutely traumatized! She already gets stressed once she recognizes the waiting room, but today was mo
re involved than usual. First she had blood drawn from one leg for routine checkup tests, but when the vet was concerned about her crazy weight loss (she's lost 30 lbs since her last visit) we had to have more drawn from the other leg for some more extensive testing. Poor thing. The vet told Jill she lost a whole dog's worth of weight! Even I hadn't realized how much she had lost and was surprised when the scale said 73-- she's supposed to be in the mid-90's. We also have a small tumor on her eyelid which, for now, isn't a problem but might get removed later on. Budgetarily that is out of the question until June, so I have time to mull it over and plan accordingly.

Speaking of June (my most favorite month of the year!), one of my friends and I decided to sign up for the training program for the Charlottesville Women's 4-Miler in late August. It starts on Saturday, June 14 and goes for the next 12 weeks. Several years ago I had started to do it with my sister-in-law Kim, but at that time I was never awake at a reasonable time, so getting my tush in town by 7:45 wasn't something I was ready to do each week! Kim kept with it and ran the whole 4 miles by race day!! So we'll see how it goes. But, if our plans work out neither of us will be here for the actual race--we're planning to go to the beach with several other friends that Labor Day weekend!!

OH--went shopping yesterday with another friend from work. I was on a shoe hunting mission. I wanted cute espadrilles and new boat shoes. I found and acquired both! :) My espadrilles are cute blue/white nautical stripes with a peekaboo toe, and my boat shoes are plain brown. My mom will tell you that those are the best, but I used to have a light blue pair which I wore almost daily and absolutely loved!! While these new ones are nice, they aren't as fun as my blue ones. I finally made myself acknowledge that they no longer make the blue ones, so I just have to get over them!!

Anyhow, I love you all, but I am going outside now!!

No comments: