Sunday, April 13, 2008

Home, hounds and lifelong friends


Well good golly gracious, hordes of happenings since last I wrote (with the exception of my 'spontaneous' entry this afternoon).

The first of which is my nephew PJ had his 17th birthday on Friday!! Happy Birthday PJ!



I've gone on a few bike rides with my dad on the incredibly scenic roads in my neck of the woods. The first time was rather comic, I'm sure, as it had been years since I had last ridden a bike. While you don't forget (as they so famously say), you do kinda lose the hang of it...something about a straight line.... Anyway, we've now gone a few times, ranging from just over 6 to about 8.5 miles. Today we went and it was right chilly! My hands were longing for cozy mittens (who just laughed at me?) and my ears, well they just start to hurt from the cold! But after a while I forget about it and enjoy the scenery and talk to the cows. They all stare at me as though I've lost my tentative grip on sanity. :)

Thinking it was going to storm and rain and be miserable all weekend, we had a mad dash of yardwork last Friday. My mom re-edged all the plant beds around the house, I mowed the whole yard, and Dad...I forget what he did, but he did stuff I can't do and I know it required a trip to the hardware store. I'll remember shortly after I hit the 'post' button, of course. OH--he did set up a bird feeder for me. I have tons of birds around my house and quite the variety I must say. Now it's hanging out behind my house where I can see it from my kitchen window and my car can be spared the extra...decorations!

Anyway, I think it drizzled, but that would be about it. But after I mowed, my dear, sweet but smelly pooch got her first bath of the season, and WOW was it overdue! Now she smells much better, and is cuddly soft (just like a Snuggle commercial) but she is shedding like CRAZY now! All of her undercoat was loosened up, and brushing her every couple of hours still can't stay on top of the fluff-factory.

Saturday day was spent inside doing the indoor chores, and then my parents and I drove up to Fredericksburg to meet Sue for an early dinner. My parents absolutely love Sue and were thrilled to get to see her again. We had a wonderful dinner and a great time! While my parents are leaving Thursday, I'll see Sue again this weekend as she's coming to Charlottesville to run in the Charlottesville Half-Marathon. I'm having problems with my picture program, but once I get it working I'll post a pic of Sue & dear ole Mom & Dad!

BTW, you know what I need? A sweet, whimsical wind chime....


No comments: