Friday, April 18, 2008

Ahhhh, alone....

Alas, solitude.

My parents left yesterday, and today is the first day I've woken up to...nothing. Not that I don't enjoy their stays, but as I've told them, I am ready for them to live 20 minutes away, not 20 feet! But now that they're gone and Mom no longer cooks dinner, I had to run to the grocery store yesterday for supplies.

After Office Depot and Target (for Jill food), but before Harris Teeter and perishables, I called Phil to see if he wanted to meet for coffee. Once again he was busy with that whole work thing, but was concerned that I was lost, seeing as how I was not just in town but on the northside! Smart-alec.

BTW, I love this Harris Teeter. There is another one in Cville, but it's a bit too UVA for me. This one is more grown up and is the friendliest grocery store I have ever been to. The first time I went I thought it was a fluke, but it wasn't!! They may be slightly pricier than other places, but the whole atmosphere makes it worth it. Also they sell my favorite Kashi items that I could only find at Whole Food, which I find to be the least friendly store I have EVER been to. So much for liberals being tolerant and understanding!! HA! Anyway, the only thing I won't buy at HT is dog food--it's about $3 more per bag there than anyplace else; plus Target is on the other side of the parking lot!

Anyhoo, having run my errands yesterday, I find myself with an entire to day to myself! I'm giving consideration to mowing (again), but might simply sit outside on the porch with my dog and enjoy the peace. Even before my dad put up the birdfeeder for me, there were a ton of birds around, and this time of year they're all talking to each other and it sounds wonderful!

Time to go outisde!!

No comments: