Saturday, April 19, 2008

I have friends who RUN!!

This morning I awoke rejoicing in the fact that it was yet another day off! Yea!!

After enjoying (well, trying--I'm weaning myself off my scrumptious creamer, yikes!!) my morning coffee and checking email (too early since I missed some, and to you I say, "ME TOO!"), I got ready to meet Sue and her friend Susan for lunch. They both drove down from DC to run the Charlottesville (half) Marathon. I believe they both finished around 2:10 or so!! Way to go, guys! Anyhow, we had an enjoyable lunch and a lot of laughs. After lunch they both headed back to NoVa as: Sue has a soccer game in the AM and Susan is running a 10K!! WOW!!

With the gorgeous sunshine and teasing breeze I decided to finish mowing. I felt so bad while I was mowing, because it was pretty dusty in some spots and the clouds drifted across the street to my neighbor's house. Oh well...it can't really be helped, right?

Anyhoo, back to work tomorrow. wahoo...

OH--but before I go...I have to get my stuff ready for work and pack up my gym bag. These past couple of days I was thinking about how nice it would have been to go for a bike ride. My dad really got me hooked, I think. I might have to do something about that. I know, I'll put it on my list!! LOL

1 comment:

Sue said...

If I'm not mistaken someone's birthday is coming up in June...maybe you should ask for a bike! It could be your new sport. Great exercise, easy on the knees, burns a lot of calories - especially in hilly Virginia!!!