Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Family Times

On St Patrick's Day, my brother Phil and his family came over for dinner. We hadn't seen them in a while, so it was a fun visit. It's a bit of shock to see how much my niece and nephew have grown, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that at 14, my niece has her learner's permit!!

In honor of the day my mom made Irish Soda Bread.
She actually made two, using two different recipes. The best one was using my godmother's recipe: it makes sense that hers was the best seeing as how she's Irish (as in actually from Ireland!!). Soda bread is one of my favorite things, but I don't think to make it except in March.

After dinner my nephew Philip and my mother matched wits in a ruthless game of Othello. As Grandma started to close in on his lead, Philip sought the help of his big sister, Katlin. In the end it was a tie with an equal number of black and white chips on the board! But there was some serious strategizing going on...



I also found some beautiful tulips for my table. Tulips are pretty high on my list of favorite flowers.

Today was back to work as usual. A busy day, but I got to see some people I don't get to visit with all that often. I had to do a thing or two after work, and then home for a peaceful evening.

Tomorrow is a new day with new possibilities!!

No comments: