Saturday, March 22, 2008

Apparently, it's all about food

Good gracious, but I am becoming a pokey poster.

Last week I went to dinner with two of my friends and the young son of one of them. Neither Liz nor I had ever been to The Melting Pot before, and Kelly is always raving about it. It was very good and our waiter was fantastic! It's pricey enough to keep it from becoming a regular destination, but good enough to warrant the occasional indulgence. If you have one near you, I recommend going with your friends and suggest making a reservation as well. Also, ladies, you should try the Pomegranate Cosmo--YUM!!




I'm also excited about my new cookbook. A friend had given me a B&N giftcard for Christmas, and I finally got around to using it. I bought Giada's Family Dinners by Giada De Laurentiis, host of Everyday Italian on the Food Network. I've wanted this cookbook for a while now. I'm not a Food Network addict, but I had seen her show a few times. Everything she makes is simple, yet absolutely delicious!! It's actually because of one of her recipes I tried to do one time that prompted me to ask for a food processor for Christmas! I'll have to let you know how my experiments turn out. A lot of times when I want to cook something, I wish I had had more time with my grandfather and knew his family---Italian's are the experts!


No comments: