Monday, March 24, 2008

An eventful Easter

Alas, the time has come for me to part with my tulips. They opened beautifully and looked lovely for almost two weeks. Approaching spring will bring more flowers of all sorts.

We had an enjoyable Easter dinner here. My mom and I baked some of the goodies on Saturday night. We made an Easter Pie, which if you've never had it, is wonderful! Another great Italian invention. You make a pie crust to line a baking dish, the filling is a gazillion eggs, ricotta cheese, cubed mozzarella, basket cheese, hard salami, pepperoni, prosciutto and then all covered with another pie crust and baked. I also made a cheesecake from scratch which turned out perfectly!

Mom had made a butterscotch crumble cake, but we were deprived the enjoyment of that dessert thanks to my mischievous mutt, Jill. Sometime between when I left for work on Sunday morning and when my mom came into the house a few hours later, Jillian pulled the entire cake off the stove and devoured it. At least she was neat and tidy. If she could have managed to return the dish to the stove, my mom would have thought I moved the cake to another plate as not a crumb was left behind. That Jill didn't get sick amazes me.

My two VA-bound brothers came over for dinner and we all (as far as I know) enjoyed each other's company!

No comments: