Friday, August 22, 2008

Happiness is...

...the perfect pair of pants. For the past few years I have been on a quest to find the perfect pair of khakis/chinos. Truthfully I didn't have much criteria: casual but nice enough to be dressed up a notch and they had to fit. While that's not much, the past several years have focused on capris (of which I am SO not a fan) and cropped pants. That made plain, regular pants of any type hard to find in general. The tricky part here, however, is fit. My waist is way smaller than my hips, and until recently nothing was cut to work around that: low-rise had been the only option. (Come to think of it, I find this rather odd since I think a fair number of women have a waist significantly smaller than their hips...is an hourglass figure that rare??) So usually I try on size B, which fits my curves but is then baggy on my legs and gapes at my waist; size A is perfect at the waist and below my thighs, but, um, a little snug in between, and size C is just crazy big. My other pant purchasing problem is that despite my height, I've got wee little legs. "Then buy petite," you say? Alas, if only it were so simple. If the only difference between petite and regular was the inseam, I'd be in business, but the whole fit/cut is different and the rise is then all out of whack. I have come to accept that having pants hemmed is just a condition of the pant-buying experience.

Anyway, I walked into Eddie Bauer yesterday, saw pants that looked to be exactly what I wanted. I tried them on, and VOILA!! THE PERFECT PANTS! Yea!! I love these pants: I feel fabulous in them and look good, too, if I do say so myself! So, on top of my normal happy-go-lucky mood, I am super happy today! :-)

No comments: