Friday, July 11, 2008

Pushing the envelope

Jill must be bored today. While I'm mowing, I spy her out of the corner of my eye. She's standing in the driveway about 15 feet from the road. She's not all that far from the SHOCK line, and she sorta knows this but seems to be thinking, "I haven't been shocked in a long time. I think I might be able to do this now."

Now me, I'm a little nervous. I'm wondering if her collar is still tight enough (she's lost weight and her winter coat); will she bolt through it and not want to come back; will she be zapped yet find her newfound emancipation so exhilerating that I will have a continual containment problem???

With every other pass of the mower I am facing her, and so I watch her debate and creep forward one little step at a time. After 10 minutes of inching forward I see her jump up and back before running to the safety of the porch!

It may be mean, but I thought it was pretty funny. I was also rather relieved that she was shocked and that is still a deterrent.

No comments: