Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bees make us look bad

I could never be a bee. While being busy is good, it is not a mode I could sustain for too terribly long. I've been crazy busy the past several weeks, albeit by choice! Since I started my dance classes, I have them 3 nights a week, plus running & race training, plus the everyday things that are edging their way towards the back-burner! My poor pooch feels abandonded since she hardly ever sees me, so I have to revamp my schedule a bit.

Friday, my first day off, I woke up, talked with a friend, visited a friend, bought a new coffee pot (just $20!!), gave up and went home. There I dilly-dallied for a bit then got my act together and started mowing. But then one of my friends wanted to have a girls' dinner, so I wrapped up mowing as quickly as I could (didn't finish, but found a stopping point), showered and went to dinner. Fun was had by all--girls' night is always good. OH! On the way home the moon was beautiful!! It was full and low in the Eastern sky and an awesome orange. If it wouldn't have been a road hazard I could have just stopped on the side of the road and gazed at it. It was just one of those things.

Saturday started waaaay too early. I met my friend in town and then we went to Sat AM training at the UVA track. We were timed so that we'd know what our pace-group is. My time isn't impressive, but I am 6 minutes ahead of my friend. To look at us you'd think she's 6 minutes ahead of me instead. Odd how that happens.

Anyhoo, after running I went to the range to bring some things to Phil and visit folks I haven't seen in ages. Due to the sheer number of shooters, I don't regret not shooting the match. I wouldn't have left until....? So I caught up with some old friends, found out 2 are now engaged (YEA T & Hope!!) and shared some good-natured harassment with others. Told one of my friends I would procrastinate and not finish mowing and would spend the rest of Saturday doing nothing. While I didn't mow, I didn't do "nothing" either. When I got home I spent quality time with my neglected dog (ie brushed her for about 15 minutes!), washed dishes, washed my car, watered plants, pruned bushes, vaccumed, showered and then did nothing! :)

Now it's Sunday, and my work week has started all over again. yippee. I am toying with the idea of running down by the river after work. I brought my gear so that I can go. Hopefully today will be a good day.

No comments: