Saturday, September 6, 2008

The storm and me

What a day to sleep in, then later curl up with a book and a cup of tea.

I haven't gotten to the book and tea, yet, but it is most definitely on my list! The storm that had been Hanna arrived just before midnight, and has been pouring out rain ever since. I love the sound of the rain beating down on the roof. I find it incredibly relaxing--thus the sleeping in! I'll be curious to see how much rain we get. My adorable rain gauge goes only to 6", so I guess I'll have to rely on the weatherman! HA

Nothing else has really been happening. I had an incredibly busy week at work. On Thursday I went shopping. My intentions for shopping had been to check out shoes at Macy's and buy "special" earrings for my mom and godmother which have only been found in this one store. I found the earrings, Macy's was a bust, but Dillard's had some sweet deals on shoes! I bought an irresistible pair of red patent leather Ecco pumps and comfy Cole Haan Mary Janes sneakers for less than $70 total!! Several years ago I almost bought the same Cole Haan's but in the color for that year. Guess I'm consistant in what I like! :-)

My plans for yesterday went down the tubes. I knew it would work out that way from the time I got up. It's kinda sad to have an expected disappointment come true, despite hoping for the contrary. There are just times when being right sucks.

The wind is now picking up. Seeing as how there are few trees left to weild destructive consequences, I am quite enjoying the storm.

No comments: