Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hike, bike and....stand?

The last week has been incredibly busy.

Last Friday I took advantage of the perfect weather we were having and went for a longer bike ride than my norm. It still wasn't terribly long--just about 7 miles. I finally decided I was ready for some real hills, and this route had a couple plus a real killer--not very long, but very steep. By the time I had my moment of dismay realizing, "I can't downshift anymore," I was pretty much at the top of the hill already! (just to note, I had more gears, I just had waited too long and had too much chain tension to downshift again) After my ride I cleaned up and then went to the range to help pre-register shooters for the VA Commonwealth Cup. Basically that meant chit-chatting with old friends I haven't seen in eons and checking off the early birds. Afterwards a bunch of us went out for dinner, which was a lot of fun.

Saturday was the actual match and I volunteered to be one of the Safety Officers. I wasn't the primary SO for my stage (not even the secondary!) so I basically just called out shooter order and collected their score sheets! Like the good red-head that I am, I applied my sunscreen often! But it was still a long day, even though I didn't do much. Standing for hours wears you out!! After we tore down all the stages and everything was complete, several of us went out for dinner again! We ended up staying later than I expected, but that's ok. I'd missed my friends.

On Sunday my legs protested the last 3 days of torture.

No comments: