Friday, May 16, 2008

Playing in the dirt

Well, I can't believe I totally forgot to mention my plants! Last week (or was it 2 weeks ago?) I met my landscaping sibling at Lowe's. He gave me some pointers about what to look for and what to avoid, but basically told me to, "Buy what you like."

SO, with that pearl of wisdom I bought some Asiatic Lilies, Wallflowers, and Dianthus. There was another plant that I liked, one variety had purple flowers and another white. However, I wanted the white, but they only had that in one gallon containers. Also, I didn't care for any of the hanging plants in their selection. When I was done at Lowe's I just moseyed down the road to Southern States where I found beautiful Snow in Summer to fill in my white flower needs and GREAT hanging plants which, as a bonus, were on sale! I don't know what the hanging ones are, I just know they're gorgeous and look fabulous hanging around my porch--every wrap around porch requires flowers to grace it! Mom said they sounded like petunias, but I don't really know.

I had SO much fun picking out my stuff. It doesn't look like much yet, but I'll go back in a few weeks when different plants are in bloom to pick out new additions. YEA!!









No comments: