Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pain in the.....BACK

For several weeks now I've had debilitating back pain in my lower back. It's not been consistent: some days I'm just fine with just a hint of discomfort, and other days I am pretty much an invalid. Today started out rough, got better...but then it got waaay worse. After more than two weeks of advil every 4 hours and ice packs not making any headway, I finally went to the doctor. Basically he told me I was doing the right thing, but did give me an Rx for an anti-inflammitory. At least he did assure me that it wasn't a back thing, but a muscle thing like I thought. However, it is extremely frustrating to not be able to do much of anything. I can't mow the grass, I can't do any yard work, I can't even do light housework!!! But my BF comes over to help me with yardwork when he can and helps keep my sane, because on top of it all, it's boring, too. But today is day two of Rx and Icy-Hot patches. So far I'm not impressed, but I've been told my multiple people, that I just have to wait it out. Patience is not the virture with which I was bestowed. I am going stir-crazy!!!

No comments: