Thursday, January 8, 2009

A running start...

Happy (belated) New Year to all! I realize it's disgraceful how much time I've allowed to lapse since my last entry. And, yet, there is not a whole lot to mention.

My parents left just a few days after Christmas, which meant all of my decorations came down too soon. There is a sense of having 'missed' Christmas this year. I think it was a combination of the stores starting with Christmas the day after Halloween--way too early--and just trying to fit too much in to my days off. It's similar to how you hear all sorts of hype on a movie, which is then a let down when you see it. If it weren't all the build-up, it would have been great. Oh well...I vow to slow down for the holidays next year and enjoy it more.

I'm still running (jogging, really, and slowly at that!). I haven't increased my distance much because I haven't been running as much as I need to. But Sue is on my case, so I can't get away with slacking too much, and now another friend is starting to check on me, too. I was thinking of an early morning run tomorrow, but might go to a park in town instead. It'll be a nice change, and Jill will get the car ride she so loves! Plus, if it's windy tomorrow, as it sure was today, I'll be running through the woods for the most part, so that will offer some protection. I also want to get a cheap pair of gloves to wear. Right now I just have fingerless gloves with a mitten-type flip over cover, but the mitten effect makes my hands too hot once I'm on the road.

Here are a few recent pictures, in no particular order.

How cute are my parents--especially silly Mom


My friend Kelly and me -- if there's mischief to be found, we'll find it.


And even Shane showed up for Christmas!

No comments: