Saturday, October 18, 2008

Alas, a day off!

Phew, what a week! Today is my first day to relax since getting back from Boston last week. Thursday was dr appts, grocery shopping and cleaning and prepping for a dinner party last night. Yesterday was the final touches and dinner, which was yummy, by the way! I served pancetta-wrapped pork loin which has fabulous flavor from a garlic/rosemary/thyme rub. I almost added parsley and sage, because while I was making the rub I had Simon & Garfunkle's Scarborough Fair playing in my mind! Anyway, I served that with mixed veggies, wild rice and bread with dipping oil. Mmmmmmm... It was a hit, and everyone enjoyed dinner.

All I have to do today is some never-ending laundry. I might take out the rest of my winter clothes. There's a freeze warning for tonight, so I think that's a sign that our 85 degree days are over!

No comments: