Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy (early) Birthday to ME!

For my birthday, my parents contributed a hefty share to buying a road bike for me!! YEA!!

When my parents were here, I went on several bike rides with my dad and have since become hooked. I absolutely love it. I'm sure it helps that it's extremely picturesque near my home, too!

I looked at several bikes and tried out a couple and settled on the Fuji Finest 2.0 women's road bike. For just an extra $200 I could have gotten the next model up, but I like the gear set-up on this one better (and the colour, too). Philip met me at the bike store after work this afternoon to bring it home for me: it won't fit in my little Corolla & he has a spacious Explorer.

After I got it home, adjusted my helmet and looked at all my cool accessories, I took it for it's first taste of the road. I didn't go far, maybe a little over a mile total, and think I will be super happy with it. It'll take some time to get used to the riding position and the shifting mechanism, but then I remember it took me a while to get used to my standard shift car!! I'm going to have SO much fun!!!




No comments: