Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Tease

In a matter of days it has gone from 9 degrees and 10 inches of snow, to 78 degrees and fabulously sunny! I finally was able to enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee while sitting on my porch steps--with my dog plastered next to me, of course.

The snow was wonderful. I find it the only redeeming factor for winter, so it was about time we had some! On Monday a friend and coworker picked me up for work. There was no way my car would even make it out of my driveway! By the time another coworker brought me home, the roads were clear and dry. At this point having tire tracks down my driveway and a few inches melted away, my car could eke its way down to the road.



This was the first time since I've had my dog that it's really snowed. I wasn't too certain how she'd react. There was a bit of uncertainty at first, but after her initial foray, she did not want to come back inside! In fact, I had to check on her, because she'd stay out for so long that she'd get ice build-up between her paw pads.






Now it's just 5 days later, and it is in the upper 70's and sunny! I've opened my front door and some windows to get some much needed fresh air into the house. I also took a couple of my plants outside so they could "breath" as well.

While I have to go back to work tomorrow and miss out on the weather then, I'm grateful I was able to enjoy today!

No comments: