Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vegas....but really Hoover Dam

Oh, goodness I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll skip all the stuff I can't remember anyway and go right to Vegas!

Last week I went to Vegas with a few friends from work and a couple of their friends. We all had fun to varying degrees. The best day, for me, was when Kelly and I went to Hoover Dam. And of course what's the ONE day of the year they're NOT doing tours?? That's right, the day we went! But that was ok; we still were able to walk around and check stuff out. They are in the process of building a bridge which I assume will relieve the dam of all motor traffic. Nothing was mentioned in the visitors' center about it, but I figure that's a safe assumption.

After leaving the dam, we stopped at a place we noted on the way which was offering helicopter rides. I have always wanted to ride in one, so I was pretty psyched. It was definitely the highlight of my trip!

The bridge under construction



Hoover Dam & bridge from Helicopter!!

No comments: